The Williston & Durfee Property is located between Crandall Road and Mill Brook (also known as Adamsville Brook) near the village of Adamsville, just south of the Tiverton town line (Figure 4). The property contains steep slopes with dry upland oak forest on the upslope and wet floodplain forest along it’s river’s bank.
Based on the examination of historic aerial photography, the property has remained in a similar vegetated stated since at least 1939. Although surrounding land use has shifted from primarily agricultural to residential over time, the property itself has remained in a similar condition over time.
This property was donated by Amasa F. Williston, Marian D. Williston, Daniel D. Durfee, and Mary E. Durfee on December 20, 1974.
October 21, 1974
wetlands, stream, wildlife habitat, woodlands