The Meehan property is between West Main Road and Old West Main Road, across from the intersection of Taylor’s Lane in western Little Compton, RI (Figure 1). The property is maintained as field habitat with several scattered trees and a small wet shrubland at its northern point.
Based on the examination of historic aerial photography, it appears that the property has been maintained in a similar open and agricultural state since at least 1939. Even as early as 1939 there appear to have been some shrubs located in the northern portion of the property, presumably because that area is regularly too wet to mow.
This property was donated by David J. and Phoebe T. Meehan on November 16, 1982.
November 16, 1982
wildlife habitat, meadow land, wetlands, scenic vista